The End

Five years of flying fun is documented. I will continue flying, but this blog is no longer being updated. Follow me on Wingly.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Finally flying NAG home

A swift trip to Torp for ferry became a full day venture. The journey started before sunrise by train, and I made it back to ENKJ as a third of the runway had been covered with afternoon fog. A few minutes later landing might have been rather difficult.

Good people at Helifly Maintenance changed the starter relay after our failed attempts of starting LN-NAG Saturday, Sunday and Monday. They did not, however, actually start the engine before I came Friday morning. And while the starter turned the engine, it did not fire, and it turned out that the left magneto was dead.

A few hours later I could finally leave Sandefjord - with a bit bigger bill.

No comments: