The End

Five years of flying fun is documented. I will continue flying, but this blog is no longer being updated. Follow me on Wingly.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Skyhawk over Manhattan

I gave my cousin Kjetil a flight over Manhattan for his 50th birthday, and I hope it was as much fun for him as it was for me. My first flight up the Hudson River was six years ago, but this magnificant route gives me the same thrill every time.

Kjetil lives in New York this fall with his wife Astrid and their son Magnus
They joined me at Linden Airport, just south of Newark International, for the flight over New York City. The Hudson River Corridor (Hudson River Class B Exclusion) northbound starts at the Verizano Bridge and ends at the Alpine Tower, with the Statue of Liberty as one of the mandatory reporting points. [Slideshow]

I'll do it again. Any day!

No comments: