The End

Five years of flying fun is documented. I will continue flying, but this blog is no longer being updated. Follow me on Wingly.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Rusty pilot ground looped

Five years since flying conventional gear, an attempt of banking off some rust ended in a ground loop at Hamar this spring, Dagbladet reports. The Norwegian Accident Investigation Board recommends flying under instruction for pilots feeling rusty, according to the accident report.

This made me start thinking of my own rusty spot: Three years since flying PA38. This is obviously not as different from P28A and C172 as a PA19 Army Cub on conventional gear, but I guess it will not hurt to bring a CFI along next time in the Tomahawk. I am still planning to check out on the tailwheel Cub (thus far I fly PA18 sea), but realizing how crucial regular flying on the type is to be safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bra tiltak at man poster ting på engelsk, engelsken i denne respotasjen er dårlig..! Hvert ord er direkte oversatt fra norsk, så setningsoppbyggingen blir helt feil!

Arne said...

Litt bedre nå? ;-)