The End

Five years of flying fun is documented. I will continue flying, but this blog is no longer being updated. Follow me on Wingly.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sun ´n Fun at Haga

"Haga International Airport", a sign on the hangar of the 590 m/1936 ft grass field says.

Farmer Ole H. Westby hosted the annual Gardermoen Flyklubb fly-in barbeque where former Chief Flight Instructor and soft field enthusiast Kjell Ødemark (white shirt) was named the first honorary member of the flying club, by president Jarle Espelund (red shirt). Ødemark always emphasized the importance of soft field landing skills in case of motor failure: The ability to land slow and short will reduce casualties.

Haga is located right east of the B airspace, and the pilots normally operating from ENGM - the main international airport serving Norway - enjoyed the freedom of flying fun without asking anyone for prior approval. 

It was my first landing at this nice field, only 10 minutes in LN-NPK from ENKJ. I´ll definitely be back.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually in the first picture, in the red t-shirt... I did some complicated landings that day, my first real short field landings.

Great day! :)