The End

Five years of flying fun is documented. I will continue flying, but this blog is no longer being updated. Follow me on Wingly.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

First day of winter, last day on floats

14 October is the Winter day, according to the ancient Norse calendar. This marked the end of the summer season of commerce and travel and the beginning of the winter season of hunting for the Northern folk. Traditionally the ceremony was much like the Carnival season in the Mediterranean countries.


Vis større kart
For me this winter day was the last day on floats for the season. My pilot friend Anita and I waited an hour for the sun to melt the frost of the wings, before flying to Hankø Fjordhotell & Spa for lunch.

Hankø is known as a venue for the sport of sailing, having hosted several world championships in different yacht classes. The island is connected to the mainland by a ferry operating on demand.

No comments: