The End

Five years of flying fun is documented. I will continue flying, but this blog is no longer being updated. Follow me on Wingly.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Airport-bound travelers in station chaos
(LONDON) I was not pleased to find myself in the midst of the local news at Harlow railway station Wednesday afternoon.
"The Stansted Express service was diverted to Hertford after power lines came down at Bishop's Stortford on Wednesday at around 5pm. Passengers were bundled onto trains at London Liverpool Street with the assurance that buses would be waiting for them at Hertford East. But some waited at least FOUR HOURS in persistent rain to be taken on to the airport, with many fearing they had missed their flights. Police were called at around 6.15pm to control the crowds as trouble flared among some passengers. There were reports of two people being injured in the scrum to board one of the first buses to reach the town", Hertfordshire Mercury reported.
It was the exact same story at Harlow. How badly organized is it possible to get?
I was evacuated just in time to miss my flight to Oslo. All airport hotels were fully booked, but nice people at SAS Raddisson helped me find a small hotel a few miles away. Next morning I had to get up at 03:45 to make the morning flight to Sandefjord Torp. Quite an adventure.

No comments: